Thread: eckhart tolle
View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-01-2010, 03:18 PM

The thing that gets me is what's this other thing other than the mind?
Does he call it something or describe it in some way? Or is it indescribable?
Is it the sub conscious? To me that's still part of the mind.

This is just me thinking from the top of my head i'm not even too sure myself but...

I think he might be referring to the lateralization of brain function, although the way i'm going to describe it is a simple way of looking at things as these things can be bilateral.

He may be stating that the left brain is the mind, the part that governs the more analytical side that calculates, retrieves facts that sort of thing.

And that you need to get away from that part to the more chilled out non time conscious day dream right side that controls visual distances and subconscious things you don't have to think about.

I've experienced the left right shift from drawing exercises and it's pretty weird, also my perception of time went crazy. It taught me how to shut out the analytical part which sounds a lot like what you are referring to.

I'd be extremely interested in what K has to say on this as it has a lot to do with the ego and the self and he's probably the one who has been exposed to the most material on this.

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"