Default 25-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Alright, moving away from the considerable shit written above

K:...
Quote:
I've been in love before … old, 'un-enlightened' mindset

anthony:
Quote:
Cool –

I was hoping you'd comment on this tom - nice to hear your perspectives. If Swype was still around, I'd be interested in his view too.
Quote:
And ... SNORING! Really? That's a genuine deal-breaker for you?
Fuck yes it is – I need my sleep. Come to think of it, another girl has continual sleep problems - she always wakes up in the night, has done for years. I need my sleep!! Pah.

But yes, you accept the majority – work together on the minority of hassles I guess. Imagine a baby and your mindset after no sleep – imagine this every day with a woman....

One major factor for me is: "is the girl going to leave the country after X amount of time". I pretty much always go for international girls, so this is a major one for me. Sometimes, like with one (younger, very shy, pleasant, cute, very inexperienced mind, quite bright) it is a bit ambiguous, so I'm not too sure. Maybe if I'm active again I should give british women more of a shot (50% overweight though – stats don't lie!).

Having some serious experience in this area – I would strongly suggest anyone here steers away from being too attached to women who are here for a fixed period only (if you really must continue it, arrange the logistics).

See what tom says about rational and the emotional. I think K is touching on that too.
Quote:
Part of love is accepting the other's imperfections as an aspect of their perfection. Which is both illogical and realistic.
nice!!

Right, so you are suggesting screen logically. I agree, and try to do that. I've also been in love before (this scene, not after) – a huge emotional thing in which the sum is greater than the parts. And yes, it can fall down leaving a potentially 'flawed' person. So yes, you're right it needs work.

But I feel that if you get too logical, you almost get 'stuck inside your own head' in the relationship (in my case, I probably am these days too – too much logical), and can't engage in deep emotions like love. My rational friend (in a 3 year relationship) is a classic case – dismisses the concept of love immediately.

BE interested to see if you see love as a set thing (being 'in love' after a long time) or an emotion you can experience quickly. Like you said about falling in love for a few minutes. I felt an excited and brilliant emotion with a girl from a train queue the other night.

toole – I'm up for re-addressing it. I tend to quickly abandon stuff I see as spiritual nonsense. The ego thing is a thing I notice. Partly even fed by others expectations etc. My friend/wing continually thought I was a 'mPUA' – and maybe I even thought it too at times – so I had some bullshit expectation thing which I'm better off dismissing. He even looks at me expectantly at times when I'm out, such are his expectations! Rediculous!
and tom:

Quote:
I hear what you're saying about who's not going to be around i've been in that boat and it got a bit weird.
I also agree with being too logical and getting in your head, it's a real mind fuck! I had to re-access some pu things because I was being too logical in situations and getting caught up in methods and mindsets instead of just chilling the fuck out.
and now back on track