Thread: eckhart tolle
View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 25-01-2010, 06:17 PM

I don't like this whole "you can't question me because I believe in X"
I could believe in murdering children or that the mystery method is the right way to do things but I can't defend myself by saying you can't question me it's my beliefs.

This is censorship and this forum would be dead if this prevailed. My beliefs oppose yours in some ways but i'm not supposed to express them but you can express yours? Hardly fair.

So excuse me if I believe in free speech and debate, feel free to question me, in fact I support your right to and will defend it but don't tell me I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarda View Post
the main point is disassociation from your mind and thoughts and emotions. You are none of these. They are merely occurances within awareness
But then I would be dead or a robot? Or are you trying to say I should react without thinking much like a fly would? I don't see how this can work for a human, expand on this please.

Quote:
Understand past emotional pain lives on in you as the pain body.
What's the pain body? You just seem to have copied and pasted that.
What I think he's trying to say is don't hold on to past emotional pain which I try not to anyway.

Quote:
Non resistance to the present moment.

Reside in present moment awareness
That's the main thing I thought he was trying to say when I said

Quote:
What I got from it was that don't focus on past experiences, live in the now

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"