View Single Post
(#363)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-08-2022, 01:12 AM

For the first time, I'm experiencing the pain of job rejection.

This company I'd been in the running for just passed me over. I get that's life, but I'd been engaged in this process for over a month with 5 stages, including a complex assignment I put a lot of effort into. That's not an issue, though, I enjoyed working on the assignment and they actually loved my work. The issue is that I had received progressively positive feedback after every stage and was led to believe that everything was looking favorable for me.

In the end, I got rejected.

They seemed very genuine in their email in that I made a brilliant impression on everyone I met and that I'm a great candidate. They said it was unanimous that as the team grows, they see a certain opportunity for me in the future and want me to keep in touch.

That's all well and good, but it does nothing to make me feel better. In fact, my current displeasure makes me feel like I'd want to tell them to keep their job if they came back to me later. Like, nah, you ditched me, go away. I don't want to be some sort of second best.

Although I know that would probably be stupid and immature, and perhaps even dumb. It's probably just because the sting is fresh and I'm responding emotionally.

I'm in no mood, however, to chase around after a company that rejected me after getting so close, so if anything, you must come to me with any alternative opportunity that comes up.

I've had a hundred rejections this year alone and brushed them off in seconds but this one hurts like a bitch because I literally did everything right and still didn't fucking get it.

Maybe I'll sleep it off and forgive them, and remain willing to keep the door open.

Am I right to feel aggrieved? Am I being a dick? Should I man up? Would you keep the door open?

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 20-08-2022 at 01:16 AM.