View Single Post
(#13)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 14-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Met my mate in town for lunch. Wasn't planning any game, but it didn't quite go that way, and what happened was actually very interesting.

We went a fried chicken place. Got seated, and then went up to order. 2 tills being worked by girls, one HB5 and another HB9, gorgeous, blonde, big eyes, tanned... Fantastic! (quick side comment: Aren't girls bloody brilliant?!?!)

So me and my mate are queueing, and I click into Game mode. Open my body language, full of energy, talking to my mate about fun stuff, smiling and laughing. Broadcasting "We are having a good time here, you can join us if you want..."

As luck as it, we got the HB9 to serve us. We go up to her till. She asks what we'd like. My mate very kindly says "I'll get this... What do you want?"

"You'll get it?" I ask, flashing the HB9 a knowing smile. "Bloody hell, that's a pretty amazing result..."

And suddenly, and this is the bit I really, really like, she burst out laughing. She thought it was absolutely hilarious! I have no idea why - what I'd said wasn't particularly funny or anything. But she was suddenly really enjoying the interaction.

I wasn't about to let her off the hook that easily. I was still standing side on to her, looking at her over my shoulder, facing my mate, broadcasting: "I am still talking to my friend, you are still a guest in our conversation". I grinned, and said "Bloody hell, that's not very professional is it?"

She laughed more, before regaining her composure. We ordered, with lively conversation and gentle ribbing of her throughout. Looking back this was an unconcious application of David DeAngelo - never give a straight answer. So:

HB: Do you want spices?
CO: What the fuck are spices?
HB: How hot do you like your chicken?
CO: That's a very personal question.
HB: Haha, no, look here, you can have four different levels of spices.
CO: You're so pushy! Maybe I don't want to tell you!
HB: Well you need too so I know what to ask for.
CO: What's your favorite?
HB: I like mine very spicy.
CO: Great. I'll go for medium.

I was picking up on a bit of an accent, probably European. Suddenly, I turned away from my brother, and faced her square on, leaning towards her on the counter and staring her down. Suddenly I was broadcasting "I have switched my focus to you. You are now the centre of my attention."

I looked at her with a smile, and said "I'm getting an accent. You're not from Liverpool, are you?"

She said no. My mate (poor kid, he must have felt so left out!) said it sounded like Newcastle.

CO: No, I don't think you're British. I think European.
HB: That's right.
CO: So where from?
HB: Guess.
CO: Ok... Say something and give me a clue.
HB: Like what?
CO: Say "sauna" [I thought she was swedish]
HB: [laughs even more]
CO: I know that laugh... Germany?
HB: No.
CO: Poland?
HB: Yes!
CO: Really, that's so cool, I'm going to Poland next month.
HB: Really?! Where?
CO: Erm... I'm not sure how you pronounce it... Waclaw?
HB: [Laughs more}
CO: Obviously that's wrong...
HB: You mean Vaclav [I think that's what she said!!]
CO: I guess I must do.
HB: Well I hope you have fun. What drink do you want with your meal?
CO: Erm can I have a can of coke... In fact no, I'll have a glass of coke.
HB: [Laughs even more. At absolutely nothing. Fuck...]

We paid up and left. And this is where I'm kicking myself: Why, oh why, didn't I fucking try and number close?! My mind set (see above) is still on learning game and opening. I haven't got round to the whole 'close' thing yet. It was so easy, the whole interaction went absolutely perfectly. All it needed was for me to say, 'So look I'm gonna go eat my chicken. But how about you give me your number - I need someone to teach me how to ask for directions and order water melon in Polish'. But I didn't.

The stupid, stupid thing is, the reason I didn't close wasn't because I bottled it. It was because at no point did I think 'Right, time to close'. At no point did I intend to close. Which is just ridiculous.

So, lots of positives to take from what was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. But one big negative, which needs to be addressed: I need to begin to think about closing. I am learning to open, I am learning good game. Yesterday I opened sets everywhere (including fucking 15 year olds... :s), I opened with direct game, and today I had a perfectly executed interaction with a really gorgeous girl.

But, I need to learn to close. Not even that - I just need to start thinking about closing. I just need to learn, not to go into an interaction thinking 'I'm going to close', but at some point during interactions to begin to think 'this is going well, and there is some potential to close this girl. So lets do it...'

But overall, the positives here far outweigh the negatives!

Just get on with it please

Last edited by CovertOperation; 09-02-2011 at 06:54 PM.