View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Out on my lunch break with 2 wings, one of whom we were meeting for the first time. Had a coffee and talked through our goals. I wanted to try a direct approach, as well as just opening sets (for the time being, my focus is to open sets, and not worry about closing. Baby steps an stuff...).

As we left the coffee shop, I thought 'I could approach and warm up', and spotted 2 girls sitting in the corner. But then I thought, 'Nah, I'll just open when we get outside'.

And then CLUNK! I realise I'm talking myself out of an approach already, which just won't do. So, I pile in, open them indirectly with an opinion opener. The girls weren't too great, but it was good to get talking. Afterwards I felt myself shaking a little, nerves getting to me. It felt fucking great - that's the rush!!!

Out into the street, it was bloody freezing. The streets were very quiet, a mixture of post-Christmas overdrafts and freezing cold weather, and sets were divided between the three of us. I opened 3 more times. The first was a girl walking down the street, who I opened asking whether its best to floss before or after brushing. She said before, but seemed comfortable talking. I was focussing on my body language, talking slowly, expressive, hands out of my pockets, showing ease and comfort.

I then went for what I think is a direct approach. 30 seconds afterwards, I spy a girl coming the other way wearing blue gloves and electric blue tights. I stopped her as she walked past: "Hey, I couldn't let you go past, but you look really cool! I love the whole blue thing you've got going on!"

She smiled, said thanks, and walked on - and I'm assured by one of the wings, looked back a few times with a grin on her face. I think I caught her off guard a little. She seemed slightly shocked. But it feels good to have done it!

A short time after, I opened again: saw a three set coming the other way, so used canned material again with an opinion opener. After 15 seconds of talking to who I thought were 3 x 18 year old girls, I notice they've all got the same white shirts on under their coats. "Umm... Can I just ask how you guys know each other?" I asked.

"School."

FUCK I've probably just opened a set of 15 year olds. They easily looked 18! Shame...

So, that's my lunchtime sarge. Only openers, I'm focussing on opening and not closing right now. Which probably sounds lame to some of you who are pretty advanced, as does the use of canned material, but that's the boundary I'm with at the moment. I am slowly pushing them back, and will get there soon.

Arranged to meet my wings on Saturday night for my first time on night game with propper wings. Looking forward to that!

Just get on with it please

Last edited by CovertOperation; 13-01-2010 at 02:16 PM.