View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Default Replies to every comment (continued) - 12-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Mr. Tom: You say you can’t think of the last time you heard someone accused of bad sexism? Surely that’s what EVERY accusation of sexism is today: it is a derogatory term used to criticise or put-down someone else. Good sexism -- pointing out some true sexist difference -- is not recognised today, for we all mouth the words: “Oh yes, I believe in equality”, several times each day. What utter nonsense! When did you last hear someone praised for a beautifully sexist distinction he has drawn (unless it happens to be a woman speaking, of course)? Here’s the comparison between women speaking half-truths and men speaking half truths: simply google the following (in double quotes):

“I can do anything a man can do” --- 282,000 hits
“I can do anything a woman can do” --- 2 hits

12 Jan 2010
THAT’S the extent of the sex gap on half-truths.

Evidence for Private Events: As for there being no proof for some of the things I say, on many issues you will just have to trust me, since there were no witnesses ... but I suggest it is not worth talking to me in the first place, if you do not believe I am trying my best to speak truthfully.

Feminist Arguments for Schoolgirls to Use: I am not suggesting a conspiracy, it simply comes naturally to women to promulgate sexist arguments in their favour, and since schools have become so feminised (with boys being discipline like girls), the balancing sexist arguments in favour of men have been silenced. Nor is it a conspiracy in the sense that it is secret or hidden away: girls are openly boosted in every way possible as a matter of written policy, scholarships, special courses, special colleges, special quotas -- even a special division for women in the United Nations. But now that we are damaging our boys in school so much, there is little need of these programmes anymore -- girls out-perform boys anyway.

Women as the Enemy of Men: unless you deny the sex war, this is true by definition. You simply need to get used to the idea: acknowledge it, enjoy it, and celebrate it. If you truly respect your enemy (‘love her as thyself’, as Jesus would have advised you), then you can engage her in combat with delight -- knowing neither of you are ever going to gain final victory ... we just win the odd skirmish here and there.

Sexism: I have come to believe that men’s most important role is controlling women -- in fact I call men controlling women (and women controlling men) our most important mission on earth ... the meaning of life itself. As an atheist this is a very important concept to me, and I am pushing it for all I am worth.

You attempt to invalidate the above expressions of support for me (with the support of CovertOperation, Kowalski and Mycroft), but I think the words simply need to be read again -- for I believe they can speak for themselves.
===================

Mr. Dolphin: Sorry I was away so long, I’ll try to come back twice a week. Yes, all this is related to dominance and alpha males ... in fact it leads to the whole hierarchy of power between males, upon which female relationships depend (Frans de Waal, 1986, ‘The Integration of Dominance and Social Bonding in Primates’, in the journal ‘Animal Behaviour’). The most important way we men are superior to women is our aggression: the ability to threaten, act violently, and to kill. This is what holds society together -- not just in times of war, but more importantly in peacetime when you visit Macdonald’s or get on a bus. In any public place, if a sufficiently large number of men are not prepared to risk all, to preserve the public order, then it slowly but surely disintegrates.

Who’s to blame?: It is MEN who are acting unnaturally, in denying their responsibility to control women’s behaviour -- women have never stopped doing the reverse. So it is men, not women, who need to clean up their act. That is why I encourage women to behave as outrageously as they dare -- join feminist movements, argue for more and more power over men, etc. Surely at some point men will wake up and tell them enough’s enough? I’ve even joined the women’s clergy movement here in the UK (WATCH), to help them boot out heterosexual priests from the Church of England (replacing them with women, gays, and lesbians) -- on the basis that it will cause the church itself to collapse. They have accepted me as a member on these conditions!
======================

Mr. CovertOperation: attempting self-control is all very fine, but we are not much good at it -- we are far better at knowing how others ought to behave. So, while I don’t advise you to give up self-control, I also recommend you do a goodly bit of controlling others -- particularly women. You don’t have to worry about other men so much, because you can normally rely on women to deal with them.

Settling scores with my ex-wife: There is nothing secret about this. I believe I was the weakest of boyfriends and then husbands for the 27 years of our relationship, and this is why she divorced me. I am finally learning to stand on my own two feet, I believe, and would love to rejoin battle with her, if she would have me back on that understanding. That’s all there is to it: no bitter resentment, since it was mainly my fault, and no terrible guilt, since most men are feminised like this today, though not quite to the same degree as me.
=======================

Mr. Tom: I agree with you that it is the man’s fault for sucking up to a woman, as per above to Mr. Dolphin, but the motive is a little more than just a desperation for her acceptance: because men have fallen silent, it has also become the ‘received wisdom’ that this is how a man ought to behave. He is actually seeking the approval of the whole of society, not just his wife. Nevertheless, you are right: he has got it entirely wrong.
======================

I will attempt to return on Saturday. I would like to thank everybody for taking me so seriously, and at the same time not being too offended. Though I tried very hard to be polite, I was banned from RichardDawkins.net just before Christmas ... this time things seem to be going much better.

Duncan M. Butlin
Chichester, UK
The Following User Says Thank You to DuncanButlin For This Useful Post:
Hustler25 (12-01-2010)