View Single Post
(#332)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-10-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
I'd be inclined to think that any talk of witnesses is because they are following the disciplinary procedure to the letter to achieve s clean dismissal if you can't reach an agreement. I would also assume that is the reason for the physical letter alongside the email.
It would be a vindictive, scummy thing to do to someone who simply wants to do their job from home because I'm dealing with the shock of a sibling bereavement. If they want to go down that road then they better get ready to suck up the negative PR of not only kicking a staff member when they're down but actually using it against them as a tool to dismiss them. Because it's not like I won't let the fucking world know what they did.

I guess if they're determined to power-trip me back into the office before I'm ready then fine. back me into a corner, then. I'm leaving soon anyway. I just don't see the point in walking away from the 5k of wages due to me between now and the end of the year. I might as well lift those cheques.

I'm on probation for the promotion I took in June. So, I believe I'm in the easier territory to fire, but I was there for a year beforehand, so maybe not. Again, if they did do sneaky shit, I'll shame them.

I'm bringing a companion to the meeting anyway. It's a new guy, but a guy who I worked with for 3 years in my last company. He's actually got a physical disability and for that reason has an understanding of working from home most of the time. He knows about disability discrimination and I'm sure he'll weigh in if he feels I'm being fucked.

I'm sure it'll be fine, though.

You can't win if you don't play