View Single Post
(#155)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-08-2021, 12:23 AM

Whilst I'm nowhere near finished with the Casanova epic yet, and won't be for quite a while, I've decided to take another shot at audiobooks. Exclusively for listening to classic literature. I found this awesome app on the google play store you can download them for free.

I started listening to Persuasion by Jane Austen last night. It wasn't long before I realized it was going to be some sort of romance story. My date this evening confirmed that Jane Austen did indeed write mostly romance stuff. Sorry, Jane, we're breaking up. It's not you, it's me.

So now I've downloaded Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

There are just so many works of great literature on my reading list that I'll simply never get through them all by reading alone. I think a lot of these classics are probably best listened to anyway since they're so long and complex.

It was just the difficulty in concentrating that made me fail at audiobooks before, but I had some practice with 5 chapters of Persuasion and it's not so bad after all. A good narrator and sound are also very important.

Here's to enjoying all the great fictions.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 24-08-2021 at 12:25 AM.