View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default The covert operations of CovertOperation - 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM

I'll dump all my field reports in this thread, to save starting loads in the future. Might also be nice, in time to come, to look back at my progress.

So lets start with last night. First time out in the field since I've started getting back into my game, so I was pretty nervous. I pumped myself up, got myself all ready and 'in state' and all that, walked tall, chest out, etc. Looking back, I put way too much pressure on myself last night. I need to relax a little.

Last night could have been better, for 4 reasons:

1. I got really drunk (only myself to blame)
2. There was a remarkable lack of girls in the club we were in
3. The club was just a massive dancefloor - hardly any chance for talking to girls
4. My mates are from the 'lets stand in a massive circle and dance' school of going out, and none are into PUA.

So chances for approaches were limited. I did get into some banter with a girl in the cloak room, which was fun. She was a really fun girl actually, but not very attractive. I didn't close. Looking back, I wish I'd have number closed her, just for the practice.

Only other approach of the night was at the bar, when I was getting a drink. I negged a girl on her coat, which was like sheepskin: "Hey... Cool coat, but how many sheep sacrificed themselves so you could stay warm tonight?"

I sounded like a f*cking animal rights activist! We talked for 10 seconds, and she got back to her friend. Interaction over.

Thinking back, I didn't think this through properly. She was in a 2 set, she was HB8, her friend HB5 or something. I went straight in for the HB8. Given the state of the people in the club (lacking any attractive women), she was flicking guys away left, right and centre, probably the hottest girl in there last night. She flicked me away as well.

Had I thought about it, I'd have realised she was getting so much attention from guys, and I was just going to be another one. I should have gone in and focussed on the HB5. Got the HB8 working for my attention a little, made myself the prize. But no, drunk and over confident, I steamed straight in for the HB8 and she saw it for what it was. She flicked me away like I flick crumbs off my jeans after I've eaten a biscuit (great analogy, huh).

So that was that. As lame as that sounds, there are some huge positives for me to take from last night:

1. For the first time ever, I felt like I was leading every conversation I was in.
2. I was very consciously 'in the moment' last night. If I felt myself going inside my head, I pulled myself right back out.
3. The banter with the girl in the cloak room was great. First she messed up giving me my ticket for my coat: "Do you do training for your job? Because if I were your boss I'd put you through training again after the mess you've made there!" (delivered with a grin, playfully).

And then later when I went to collect my coat we got talking again. She asked me what I did:

HB: So what do you do?
CO: I'm a professional dolphin shaver.
HB: You're what?
CO: I shave dolphins.
HB: Er... really?
CO: Well have you ever seen a hairy dolphin?
HB: Haha, well I guess not.
CO: That's because people like me get jobs shaving them.
HB: Haha, cool. How do you do that then?

And we rolled into a funny conversation with me describing how I shave dolphins. This is actually a routine I read elsewhere on the internet, but works a treat. And I can talk bullshit for hours, so its fun to play around with. Definitely better than telling her the truth anyway!

So yeah, positives and negatives from last night. I hope the negatives aren't just excuses for inaction, although I fear some might be. But I am on a learning curve. The big thing for me last night was that my AA was a no-show with the girl at the bar. Which is tremendous progress from where I was before Christmas.

So, that was last night. I had a really good laugh with my mates, and woke up this morning with my face in a half eaten kebab. Nice.

Onwards!

Just get on with it please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CovertOperation For This Useful Post:
Mycroft (09-01-2010), picard (12-01-2010)