View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 07-01-2010, 12:48 PM

I think there are subtelties here, but I don't think Duncan was promoting anything subtle at all. He seems to see women as one species, us as the other, and the two in perpetual conflict. Just look at the title of his other thread: "Weapons for sex war troopers". What war is this? I'm not fighting a war.

I've come into the world of Pick Up not because I want to fight against women. I want to fight against myself, and the person I currently am, in order that I might win and become someone better.

Women are attracted to masculine, dominant guys. That is true, and plain enough. But there are ways of expressing your masculinity in other ways than through conscious sexism. The ways we seem to reccommend on this forum include becoming a more authentic, centered person, with an ocean of self confidence which we don't need to work very hard to put on display. A guy in control of his own reality, who is calm and confident, authentic and congruent, surely will come across just as masculine as some guy who is 6 foot 2, built like a brick shit house and who uses sexism to show he doesn't need to bow down to women.

Two final points I'll make. The first is, does anyone think the very best pick up artists need to be sexist to succeed? All the stuff I've read suggests that, quite apart from resisting women, you'll succeed if you try and understand them, what they want, why they want it. If you can be that awesome bloke, completely comfortable in himself, you'll immediately give a woman a lot of the things she wants from a guy.

And the second, and I'm sorry to do this Duncan, but I can't help but notice the very last line of your post: "she will lose all respect for you ... just as my own wife did". I'd rather not know, probably, but I suspect there is much more going on beneath the surface here. You seem to have a score to settle, which I fear will cloud any view you take on this kind of thing.

Just get on with it please
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CovertOperation For This Useful Post:
kowalski (07-01-2010), Mycroft (07-01-2010), Tom (07-01-2010)