View Single Post
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM

I know Duncans views can come across very skewed, I can't say I agree with all his views but I think what he is essentially saying in this particular view sounds reasonable enough to me. So I agree with TorchedFrogs interpretation of this. Simply, too many men hand their balls over to women on a silver platter, this in itself could be seen as a form of manipulation. In that if a guy shuns his machismo and acts in a more submissive way that she will open herself upto him more easily. Whilst undeniably this method would be desireable to some women, most women are turned off by this sort of behaviour in a man.

However for some reason many men think by surrendering their manliness is somehow doing them a favor with women, this is skewed logic. The polarity that exists between the 'devine masculine' and the 'devine feminine' is what attracts the sexes, the greater the polarity the stronger the attraction i.e. Men with very masculine tendencies tend to be most attracted to women with very feminine tendencies and vice verca.

Men who adopt overly metrosexual or feminate traits and suppress their masculine desires in order to please a women often do themselves more harm than good. Their is then a friction between their thoughts and desires and how they conduct themselves around women. This leads to a lack of direction and clarity in a mans judgement and action. Women sense this hesitation and lacking in the full display of your unashamed masculine role and hence this is why many guys who decide to play it safe get cast aside or pigeon-holed into the 'friends zone'.

You could argue that social conditioning and the rise of the 'metrosexual' culture has forced some men into believing they should act in this beta way. Whilst acting in this way is more desireable in creating a balance and form of harmony in the work place or in business, this type of role is less likely to have success in relationships between couples. Many women take comfort in your decisiveness and direction in your masculine role, for when you are in control of this women can relax into their feminine roles. What I'm getting at is that many women (some may not like to admit it) enjoy you being the one to call all the shots and lead the relationship. When there is an inbalance or a power-struggle and your woman is lacking in confidence in your masculine role and duties (often because the man is too submissive) is where problems start to occur.

So I think what Duncan is saying here is it's ok to put women in their place, don't be afraid to call them out on their shit and grow a pair. They secretly like you to act this way, it shows if you can handle her, you can probably handle other of lifes challenges which to women is a masculine and sexy trait.

It was fear of myself that made me odd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hustler25 For This Useful Post:
Simply David (06-01-2010), Summer Junky (07-01-2010), TorchedFrog (09-01-2010)