Thread: Vaccination
View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Well that's pretty much what I meant. Mask wearing and social distancing is treated in the same way by most people, and some authoritarian gestapo aren't generally bringing the boot down on those who don't wear masks or social distance in a context where it isn't important.

My point isn't necessarily that everyone should have the vaccine, but that being anti-vaccine because you're afraid we're entering George Orwin 1987 Animal Crossing isn't much better than outright conspiracy theory stuff
There are, actually, hundreds if not thousands of videos circulating the web of extremely over-the-top actions taken by, but not limited to, police and people in authority. If you haven't seen any such footage over the last 14 months you must have been living out in the woods.

Here's a clip of the libertarian MP who had to approve the bill for the first UK lockdown. Even he calls it, Dystopian..

https://youtu.be/V4OCENbZ2zI

And just to add another point to the authoritarianism of the last year, is the rapid introduction of extremely restrictive laws and legislation. If that shit isn't worrying to people, then I wish I lived in the same blissful bubble.

I dunno, maybe I'm actually excited because I love the topic of Tyranny and all of this will make for an interesting research paper.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following User Says Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
markuk (17-07-2021)