Thread: Vaccination
View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 24-05-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post

The same goes for traffic laws. Everyone, myself included, breaks traffic laws. For example, I almost never stop at traffic lights while skating, that would in fact be more dangerous. That was a really poor analogy. We break them sometimes, maybe we are in a rush. We tend to break them safely because we break them relying on the fact that the majority of the time people obey them. So the behaviour of the others is predictable enough for one to break the rules safely. I can cross the red light because I can predict with aceptable accuracy what everyone else will do and also I am attentive to anyone who does anything outside of that.
Well that's pretty much what I meant. Mask wearing and social distancing is treated in the same way by most people, and some authoritarian gestapo aren't generally bringing the boot down on those who don't wear masks or social distance in a context where it isn't important.

My point isn't necessarily that everyone should have the vaccine, but that being anti-vaccine because you're afraid we're entering George Orwin 1987 Animal Crossing isn't much better than outright conspiracy theory stuff

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99