View Single Post
(#143)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 29-12-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveACuppaTea View Post
I don't read as much fiction, but I really rate "A Clockwork Orange", I prefer it to the film, probably my favourite novel/novella. "A Brave New World" is good, I remember enjoying it more than "1984". Have you read "American Psycho"? Starts off a bit slow, but I found that quite entertaining. I've read "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" as well, but with that, I preferred the film.
I watched A Clockwork Orange years ago but I was a stoner and had zero fucking clue what was going on, but now that I'm into dystopia novels I think I'll finally appreciate it.

I tried the audiobook of Brave New World a while back but my audiobook mission didn't work out, it's too hard to stay focused on the story when you're doing other shit. I'm just sticking to podcasts and lectures on audio.

Haven't read American Psycho, nor seen the movie.

I believe I've seen Cuckoos Nest years ago too but again, I wasn't into reading then so it's going to be brand new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveACuppaTea View Post
In terms of self-help books, have you tried Alain de Botton? Of the little I've read from Robert Greene, (which was about half of "The 48 Laws of Power") I wasn't that impressed, but I suppose it's personal preference.
Having spent 10 years reading self-development, I'm surprised to have never heard of him. What do you recommend?

I read 48 Laws of Power. I actually like the way he writes, I find his use of historical anecdotes to emphasise his points and theories quite engaging. As well as giving me ideas for historical figures to research in future.

You can't win if you don't play