View Single Post
(#138)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-12-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveACuppaTea View Post
I would recommend reading "Letters from a Stoic" or "Meditations" (which you have listed) rather than "Discourses of Epictetus". The former two are a more enjoyable read than the latter (imo), but they all cover the main tenents of stoic philosophy.
I've no problem removing or replacing discourses. Cheers, that's probably 5 hours unwasted. The digital copy I had was horrible quality too. Deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveACuppaTea View Post
You really have to be discriminating with your choice of reading material, as you can waste a lot of time on books that won't add much to your life. Quality over quantity.
There's 18 on the list that are Totalitarian related. These are essential reading for me since it's my favourite topic. I've already started number 1 on the list and 75 pages in it's actually really well written, unlike some of the other heavily politically worded material I've read on the subject.

Some of the other stuff on here I can easily ditch or replace but some of them are of interest to me regardless of what anyone else thinks. One example is The Nemesis file. You likely don't know what that is but it's about an SAS execution squad who hunted down and fought the provies in Ireland during our troubles.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 28-12-2020 at 05:53 PM.