View Single Post
(#135)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemeris View Post
Nice to see you're still about on here Dan (and Mr Kowalski too), but what's with all the books about the Nazi's and the Holocaust? Are you trying to tell us something? 😂
Aww thanks, that's cute.

During the study of undergrad psychology, You touch on authoritarianism a few times, so I always sort of knew I wanted to revisit it once the studies were completed. And then when I became a fan of Jordan Peterson last year, who's always talking about Hitler and Stalin and Totalitarianism, I decided to start reading some of his recommendations like The Gulag Archipelago and Ordinary men.

Just from reading those two books, there was enough intrigue to naturally hook me and so I ended up down various rabbit holes relative to the topic of Totalitarianism and associated events. I've probably got at least 60 such books on my list right now based on all the big dictators from the 20th century Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and the Kim Dynasty right up to and including their current dictator Kim Jong Un, and I'm constantly finding and downloading more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemeris View Post
Have you now read every self-help book on the planet or have you just realised it's the same shit rehashed over and over again?
I've long since came to the realisation that self-development books are rehashed nonsense over and over again. It only took me ten years.

There's obviously some, albeit very few, authors who are great in the genre of self-development or the psychology behind it. Robert Greene being my favourite.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following User Says Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
ephemeris (28-11-2020)