View Single Post
(#47)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 05-10-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
The scarier thing for me is how willing people were to be locked in their homes - zero resistance.
That's what has blown my mind from day one. So much so that one evening at the very beginning of this I had an intense panic attack.

This was for two main reasons.

Reason one was that as a psychology student it was bizarre to witness how fast the world escalated into chaos, fear and mass compliance. One day everyone's going about their business, and within three weeks they're forming orderly queues outside Tesco to go in and buy rations.

Reason two I would almost refer to as comically ironic from a personal perspective, because for at least six months beforehand I'd been heavily into the study of Totalitarianism. I'd been reading loads of literature about Nazi Germany and all the shit that happened there from 1933 onwards, and I could begin to see similarities to events that happened back then i.e. the fast-tracked laws, the restrictions like don't go further than 2 miles from your home or be fined, and that it's all for our own good etc. I could go on.

It freaked me the fuck out, and I still find it surreal how quickly mass panic swept across the globe.

And this shit seems far from over.

You can't win if you don't play