View Single Post
(#83)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 18-01-2020, 10:50 AM

Staring at my home library last night struggling to decide what to read, I just reached out and grabbed one that hadn't even been on my radar "The Success System that Never Fails" by W. Clements Stone. It's the first physical book I've read in fucking ages, can't even remember how long it's been.

He's one of the original self-help writers from 100 or so years ago. Hung out with and worked with guys like Napoleon Hill and Norman Vincent Peale; also part of the self-help originals.

The book was quite good. I'm not arsed about doing in depth reviews but unlike Mark Manson's book I read the other day which was forgettable, I felt this one was worthwhile.

Took me about 4 hours to read 245 pages, which is about a page a minute. I know I can read faster than that but the speed at which I'm currently reading allows for actual reading comprehension, which, without this, reading is a pointless endeavour. It can of course also depend on how sparsely or densely the pages are filled with words, as well as the font size and line spacing. All of these are factors in how quickly you get through a book.

I've tried the Tai Lopez "read a book in 10 minutes" bullshit and it's simply a waste of time. I sat in the library one day to experiment with speed reading and "read" a business book of about 200 pages in one hour. I felt all proud of myself, but when I thought about it afterwards, I didn't retain a single fucking sentence. So it was ultimately useless, and Tai Lopez is a moron.

You can't win if you don't play