View Single Post
(#226)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Dr Jordan Peterson - 27-09-2019, 11:02 PM

I just wanted to make a post in appreciation of the brilliance that is Dr Jordan Peterson.

I've known of his existence for a few years now, ever since I started listening to motivational audios in order to start my days off on a high. It's only in the last few weeks though that I've began to focus on his material in particular.

I'm absolutely blown away by the level of intelligence of this man. He is so articulate with his thoughts and ideas and responses, and the cool, laid back manner in which he responds to attacks from interviewers is something we should all take note of. I know I have.

In my opinion he's the smartest, most influential and important person of this era. One evening last week as I was listening to him, this strong wave of emotion overcame me. I don't know exactly what it was but I decided in the moment that I was experiencing some form of enlightenment, empowerment, or it could have simply been overwhelming joy that I'd discovered something truly incredible. Whatever it was, it really moved me.

I'm halfway through his book 12 Rules for Life, which is great. I've also now got at least 10 books recommended by him on my reading list. The one I'm most looking forward to is The Gulag Archipelago. He recommends quite a few war related books actually. He's also a big fan of Dostoevsky.

I wish I'd known of Dr Peterson during my psychology studies, I think it would have really motivated me more. In fact, I'm more interested in psychology now than I ever was. So much so that if I could, I'd seriously consider doing a masters, but I highly doubt that's possible, having graduated with a third. Regardless of whether it's possible or not, I'm always going to continue studying psychology.

I have such a belief that his material is life-changing that I sent a video to my friend who has taken off work with depression, and advised him to start consuming his content, assuring him that it will help him.

I'm quite confident that this is going to take me to a whole other level of confidence and positivity. It already has. I listen to his stuff at every spare opportunity. Whilst showering. Whilst shaving. Whilst cooking. Whilst at the gym. I'm watching an interview of his whilst writing this. You get the idea.

Time spent listening to Jordan Peterson is never wasted time. I can't speak highly enough of this special man.

You can't win if you don't play