View Single Post
(#64)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 07-08-2019, 09:36 AM

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck

It was ok, but not as great as I wanted it to be. I maybe would have taken more from it if I wasn't already a go-getter in life, but it was alright and I may give it another shot some time as it's a pretty quick and easy read. Basically it contains advice and anecdotes that will merely resonate with an already strong, self-aware and well-rounded person.

The most poignant chapter was the final one called "And Then You Die" which is about accepting one's own mortality. This is something that's been on my mind a lot for the last year, and it's certainly my biggest motivation in life. I've seen a lot of death in my time from relatives to friends to associates to people I just know, to the point I'd become almost immune to it. I'm talking hundreds of individuals. And within the last year after suffering another young relative and friend, both 30, die from drug misadventure, the realisation of my own mortality has been the most profound it's ever been.

Ultimately the most significant out of the 5 or 6 points during the book that had me pausing in contemplation, was the quote "You can't win if you don't play" which is a great quote and one I'm going to tell myself every time I feel hesitation to take an action, whether that's approaching a girl or otherwise.

You can't win if you don't play