View Single Post
(#10)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin786 View Post
I only want to make a few points in the tread as there is a lot here and it would take a long time to discuss and I want to stick to a few key points. Avoid questions I can't answer
Quote:
Im not the best Muslim but thats not the point.
Surely that's a massive point? You don't believe or at least follow the teachings of your religion yet you are defending them, why?

Quote:
Very strange statement. Science has had a lot to say about the origins of "MAN", but it is absurd to say that according to the laws of science God doesn’t exist. According to the laws of science it is impossible for a bee to fly given wing span and mass etc. But the bee still flies. The laws of science are our way of understanding what we think we know about the world - until a new theory comes along....

I have personally met many scientists who do believe in God, more Physicists as opposed to Biologists for obvious (political) reasons.
Actually a very valid statement and excellently argued by blanca and flake. Religion evolved before scientific process, it has had to evolve to accommadate science or put it's head in the sand and ignore it.

Religion is not based on logic it was thought up by ancient people.
We don't believe the ancient worlds view on medicine so why should we accept there theories on how the universe was created? It's absurd!

We have no way of validating ancient peoples claims to have seen angels or visions. Now when people have visions we can explain it but due to lack of knowledge in ancient times they just atributed it to A higher being.

The human brain evolved to see things where there was nothing, if you see something in the corner of your eye you may think it's a person but its a bush, yet you could have sworn it was someone. Your brain fills in the blanks, it had to because the one time it doesn't it might be a tiger and bam your dead.

Quote:
I dislike this statement very much and sums up my problem with Atheism - its hopeless. Speak to anyone who's been in the shit, Im mean really in the shit, like held captive or tortured and got through it, they will say what got them through it is HOPE. It is a very powerful thing that allows man to access a deep part of his soul. These are the things that make us truly human and religion is an important means of accessing them.

My 2p.
I don't see it as hopelessness, it's freedom from oppressive thoughts.
You can have hope without religion, it's bullshit that religion provides us with morality if so i'd be running around stealing and killing people.

My Grandad was in the navy near the end of WW2 and saw some horrible things that he won't even tell my dad about, he's mentioned things in passing when his guard's down so i've had a glimpse.
Was it hope that got him through? Yes.
Was it religion? No, he's a atheist now.

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"