View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-12-2009, 09:40 AM

Enter the Dolphin, gosh a lot of posts on religion this weekend - must be the Christmas Spirit. Xxx

I only want to make a few points in the tread as there is a lot here and it would take a long time to discuss and I want to stick to a few key points.

Firstly to our good NO.FX, I am "somewhat religious" but I wasnt always.

I started off as an atheist and began to go "off the rails". I could see I was going down a destructive path and was fortunate to travel and meet people from different cultures for myself and get past a lot of the crap we see on TV. This along with a lot of reflection on God, people and myself and finally reading the Quran led me to become a Muslim about 10 years ago. Im not the best Muslim but thats not the point. Thats my back ground for anyone reading this.

Now, back to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post
I do not believe there is a god or even could logically be one because it would defy fundamental laws of science.
Very strange statement. Science has had a lot to say about the origins of "MAN", but it is absurd to say that according to the laws of science God doesn’t exist. According to the laws of science it is impossible for a bee to fly given wing span and mass etc. But the bee still flies. The laws of science are our way of understanding what we think we know about the world - until a new theory comes along....

I have personally met many scientists who do believe in God, more Physicists as opposed to Biologists for obvious (political) reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca View Post
Like is said in Fight Club - to lose all hope is freedom.
I dislike this statement very much and sums up my problem with Atheism - its hopeless. Speak to anyone who's been in the shit, Im mean really in the shit, like held captive or tortured and got through it, they will say what got them through it is HOPE. It is a very powerful thing that allows man to access a deep part of his soul. These are the things that make us truly human and religion is an important means of accessing them.

My 2p.

Its simple, be cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simply David For This Useful Post:
legend (06-12-2009)