View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Allow me to wade into this

I think the major shift happened with the invention of the pill, no worries about having a baby anymore. Even with the event of aids you couldn't go back to older morals after that and there's condoms which help solve the problem with aids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin786 View Post
I've travelled a lot in Europe and the middle east and I have to say I agree with Nietzsche when he said in The Antichrist, part 60;
I don't agree with him he has a very selective view of history, Islam from the start was an expansionist empire take for example the battle of Talas and the Islamic expansion along the silk road

Battle of Talas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

following this they forcefully supressed the Sogdians who were basically religiously tolerant traders

Sogdiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and put an end to the silk road which was a largely peaceful melting pot of many cultures trading and spreading knowledge.

Also Christianity wasn't always this all powerful force you might think it was. Take the Mediterranean in the 1500's where Suleiman the Magnificent started a 60 year struggle for control of it, stopped by failure of the siege of malta

Siege of Malta (1565) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and the battle of Lepanto

Battle of Lepanto (1571) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Islam could have conquered europe if it wasn't for this Suleiman got as far as besieging Vienna.

I don't really see what much of your Nietzsche quote had to do with this post I just thought I should clear up a few things about history. Yes Christians suppressed cultures but Islam and others are equally guilty of this.

Quote:
Long story short - there is a lot of good in religion, it can teach us about the wealth in the human soul and about inner peace. Take it from where you will, its your choice.
It can also teach you the opposite of this. Religion can go against reasonable, factual, logical arguments.

I was listening to little atoms (which is my new favourite thing) and someone on that i'm not sure who said not in these words but to this effect that religion is like an amplifer and if you a cunt it'll probably turn you into a bigger cunt or at least give you the power to extend your cuntishness but if your good it'll do the opposite.

Quote:
The future is not that simple my good man, despite the extremists on both sides wishing us to believe this is the case. Consider the economic and political influence India and China will have, this will be far more significant than increases in Muslim populations in Europe.
This I agree with but I can't say increases in Muslim populations in Europe won't be more or less significant after all the future much like history is not that simple.

"Is it wrong for a man to love his guitar?"

"It is if he puts his balls between the strings, and strums himself to ecstasy!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom For This Useful Post:
kowalski (06-12-2009)