View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Inclusive fitness - 27-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Hi folks,

I thought I'd raise the issue of inclusive fitness - I mentioned it earlier on Mystery's forum (as he was the culprit).

I've listened to some of Mystery's evolutionary talk regarding the necessity of attracting women. This was given at some kind of seminar, and I would imagine that quite a few people have heard it.

I’ve worked in this field for a while, and so would like to add a point to this – if you are like me, this might change the way you see the world.

Inclusive fitness - this changes everything. Situation A: a homosexual priest and a straight, active, and successful PUA. Normal intuition would suggest that the PUA is being more successful in evolutionary terms, as they are more likely to reproduce. But this isn't entirely the case, as natural selection acts on genes, not individuals. If the priest leads an active life in the community, and he helps many people, his actions are likely to help others reproduce; these people are likely to share his genes, so by helping them, he is helping his own genes reproduce.

The PUA on the other hand is more likely to ejaculate into a condom, and - if he helps other people out less - he has a lower inclusive fitness.

Of course I’ve made a number of assumptions here, but they should at least illustrate the point.

Inclusive fitness explains much of the evolution of society and altruism. As you would imagine, there are some excellent resources out there, and a simple search on the internet will bring about a wealth of information.

Who knows, this might influence how we see other people – a disabled, homosexual man is not a ‘lesser’ being in evolutionary terms – they may in fact be out-competing Mystery and Style et al…

Cheers

Anthony