View Single Post
(#203)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Do you think your TL has inside information? They maybe heard something already.

I could only guess, he may have, or may have knew something from the start. Same thing goes for my manager (who by the way, is a smoking hot 45ish year old blonde bombshell), because after I approached and talked to her at the end of the day on Monday, the day it happened, I feel she sort of indirectly reassured me that it would be ok - after telling me about the possible disciplinary outcomes and procedures, she literally said at the end "it'll be ok", which at the time I only thought she said to ease my anxiety.

Since they pulled you of the phones have they let you speak to any customers?

There is a new customer service team being trained this week and next, so I was taken off the phone and redeployed there as doing "refresher" training. There's no chance I'd be speaking to customers this week or next.

As the week progressed my anxiety levels decreased. I think the refresher training is part of my "being dealt with" whilst HR does their investigation, as well as making me sweat. On Tuesday I'm being sent to do fire-marshall training, which even though I was selected before this incident, it would hardly make sense proceeding with spending a couple of hundred quid training someone in health and safety that is going to be sacked.

As for your online thing, I figured you'd already have sufficient savings to start? This idea has been around in your posts for way too long with 0 action taken. When are you gonna actually start?
I do have about 500 quid in my savings account to play with for it. I haven't been totally inactive I've been doing research and background work on the idea. I have a solid understanding of the entire business model.

You're right I have been talking about it for too long. Until recently the main obstacle was getting my studies out of the way, and they've been completed a couple of months. And, the main obstacle between then and now has been figuring out a market/niche.

However, by analysing the top 20-50 sites on shopify I've decided to take a simpler approach than trying to reinvent the wheel, and simply replicate what's already proving successful for others. For example there's a gadget store that pops up on my Instagram feed that I happen to know is in the top 45 shopify stores. Every time it pops up I have a look to see what they have kept on their store, and what new products they are testing (altogether they never have more than 10-12 products). They're advertising to me, yet it's actually assisting me with my research.

On Monday that Entrepreneur Accelerator Programme I applied for is starting. Monday is a half day ignition event where we meet mentors and network etc. I think it's 8 weeks altogether. I'll definitely have launched the long talked about online business within those 8 weeks.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 21-09-2018 at 08:44 PM.