View Single Post
(#194)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-09-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan300 View Post
Think I'm going to lose my job.

A customer made derogatory comments about my job this morning and I responded by calling her a "fucking cheeky bitch".... Which is obviously out of order, but I had taken offence, which is still no excuse. I did think I'd muted the conversation but it didn't and I got irreversibly caught by the balls.

At the minute I've been taken off the phones and put into customer service training whilst an investigation goes on. However, I'm pretty confident I'll be shown the door.

I'm a massive twat and I'm just going to have to face up to the consequences of my actions. Starting with looking for other jobs, as I'm pre-empting a dismissal.
I approached my manager today before we left and gave her my apologies and thoughts on the current situation I find myself in. I said to her that I feel I've made an irreversible mistake and that on reflection, I'd be pretty much ready and prepared to accept a full dismissal as a result of my actions, as I fully understand the severity of what has been done. Frankly, I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd been shown the door with immediate effect.

As it stands, I've still got a job whilst HR do an investigation into the incident and customer complaint. She said that by me stepping up and taking responsibility for what I done will look favourably on me, and suggested I try not to let it get me down. And that she'll vouch for me that I've reported directly to her with obvious and sincere remorse at my behaviour.

She also said that what happens next in terms of what I do and how I proceed can also help me, i.e not doing what others have done in similar circumstances and going on the sick, for example. I assured her that's not my style and that I'm fully prepared to face the consequences of my actions head-on, as I've no-one to blame but myself.

I'm under no illusion, I'm expecting to be given my marching orders. I've seen staff get sacked for less, so I can't see how I could possibly get away with such gross misconduct.

Bottom line, it's completely out of my hands now and I don't think there's anything I can do to influence what will happen. What's done is done and I simply gotta wait and see.

You can't win if you don't play