Thread: after the open
View Single Post
(#46)
Old

Default 02-08-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Figured I'd address this since I just saw it, since you're calling it the "stein opener" and since it gives me something on here to do besides dogpiling autists.

A big point of opening with something like that is that it basically sucks by most pickup standards. It doesn't have to strictly be that exact wording, but that's pretty much the way I'd speak to a friend if I bumped into them on a night out. It also gives you basically nothing to work with. No interesting hooks, no dumb, "I like salad" shit. Nothing at all.

People obsess over openers all the goddamn time, when really if you carry yourself right the content of the first thing you say doesn't matter at all. Chemistry and attraction don't have anything do to with the content of your opening line. If you're comfortable in your own skin and can carry a conversation you'll be fine regardless. The point is, lower the bar for starting a conversation to the absolute minimum you can. You can say something boring and still open fine, so focus on the other shit and stop worrying about it.

Or you can dress up like a retard and drive around in a rape van. Much love to jlaix.
Hey! Yeah, that's a very old post lol. I've not been here in ages.

Yeah, I certainly stress less over the actual open nowadays and often do use something like 'the stein' opener
But as you say, it's everything after that where it can get rocky for me! Usually either insta rejected/backturned or I just start talking and I find it impossible to 'hook' her to the point she's not trying to get me to leave through her one-word answers and negative body language etc lol. Sometimes I WILL say some PUA gamey line/statement etc that comes to my head and sometimes it actually DOES work. Certainly better than anything that I seem to be able to come up with, at least at THAT early stage of teh interaction.

Like you, i'm not a fan of all these weird mystery routines etc, so I just try to be normal but despite my best efforts I guess I don't spike their emotions enough or something.

Then eventually someone online tells me i'm not hooking because i'm not 'running actual game' and directs me to loads of mysterymethod routines (which I hate using as they make me cringe!!) and I go around in circles lol.

As I said, I did get a few cold approach lays since I stopped posting here, but I'm quite aware that i'm only marginally 'better' at this stuff than I was like 2 years ago. My 'mid game' has improved a little and i'm better at escalation and leading and showing intent and guiding the convo a certain way, but that is only obviously possible on girls who I can properly 'HOOK' (and who's to say that them girls who hook are simply girls who were just 'into me'/my particular look and so of course the rest of the set went smoothly)

I'm in a bad head space at the moment tbh after going out with a very good looking friend of mine last weekend (bad idea!!?) where he could have banged any girl in the club and had girls approaching him and trying to kiss him without him saying a word due soley on his good looks which has me questioning the whole game vs looks debate!

Kind of feel like I let people down who tried to help me, but I honestly did try!

(for what it's worth I went too America for a few weeks and 'hooked' like 90% of the time. It's either the accent or the fact that US people are like 50x more sociaable and friendly with strangers than UK people I assume). it's why lots of PUA advice is questionable to me, since it's always aimed at Americans. I had a friend who used to do the mysterymethod stuff in a big way and he'd be juggling and doing magic and telling DHV stories about his model ex girlfriend etc, and he didn't even get a kiss in like 3 years lol. You coulod say it was his delivery, whereas i'd argue that sort of thing is just too weird and 'try-hard' for UK girls whereas US girls maybe like it