View Single Post
(#13)
Old

Default 15-04-2018, 10:33 PM

Advice from another newbie here who is learning a lot fast:

Look at them as if they are expected to fill any silences.
Ask "what about you" and "tell me more about that" and "what did you do next"
When listening, nod and say "yeah?" - "oh, wow", "that's great", "I bet that sucked"

If she doesn't come up with something to fill a silence even after you look at her and sort of raise your eyebrows or give whatever expression - say something like "Lost for words, huh?" and maybe add "I could go on asking lame questions all night, but I thought you looked like, or was at least hoping I'd get a decent convo from you - you're not another one of those pretty faces with nothing between the ears are you" - say that last part with a big grin.
Do something like a fake fist pump/punch on her arm when she actually does fill the gap with something. It's like a reward and she'll then keep doing it and coming up with conversation herself. Even say "That's such a good question" or something as a reward for doing it.

Main point= Don't expect that you have to fill in the gaps yourself! Throw some shame on her that she's crap at conversation. A convo is a 2 person effort, and women should actually do most of the talking. The man's part is to do the approach and the starting of the convo, and do the initial asking of a few questions.

Another good, and totally different tactic, is to try and turn off your own internal filter and say the first thing that pops into your head.- Pizza, I hate pizza. do you know anyone else that Doesn't like Pizza? Well you just met one/another one.
Shoes - how many shoes do you own? Are they all high heels?
Yeah I don't think I could fit into those.
... that was me just saying the first things going through my head - but it's not WHAT you way, it's how you say it. You've got to say it with fun, smiling, throw in a laugh and say things like "I'm in such a good mood tonight, I love it when I get into the vibe and random thoughts just pop into my head. It's like my inner child coming out to play."