View Single Post
(#149)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-02-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadswordWSJ View Post
I may have missed it as I might be blind if you already mentionedit, but what products are you selling?
I purposely never disclosed what I'd be selling on Amazon in the interests of someone not stealing the idea. Perhaps not you, but someone could. There's a trend I've spotted that I want to try and take advantage of.

Also, this morning I picked up a book in Waterstones about eBay and Amazon selling. I spent about 30 minutes digesting a significant portion of the book relative to selling on Amazon, and it gave me a lot of information that will come in very useful when making my decisions.

A case study at the end of the section I read was of particular use in terms of what to do. The guy had done both Amazon and his own eCommerce website. Amazon was the most successful of the 2, and he said launching his own eCommerce website was a pain. In a nutshell it costs a hell of a lot of money on marketing to try and get yourself known, whereas on amazon the traffic is already there, meaning you can focus on picking the right products and getting the all-important, and trusted "buy block" an Amazon.

You can't win if you don't play