View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Red face Honesty maybe isn't the best policy... - 26-02-2009, 06:15 PM

Following on from my 'email close' success this morning, where I risked a slap in the face for interrupting a girl and her music (See Field Reports 'My first email close' if you're interested)...I was kind of psyched and had a perfect, or what I thought was perfect opportunity on the good ol' London Underground on the way home this evening.

I changed at Mile End to jump on to the Central Line and as the doors were shutting a petite brunette wearing thick rimmed black glasses, maybe late twenties rushed on. For some reason the tube wasn't too packed tonight at 5:45 when it's normally rammed.

She had a massive Fitness First bag on her back. It literally covered her entire back, and then some - almost like a back-packers bag. She had some stuff in her hands, a hand bag and was holding a garment of dry cleaning on the hanger. She had to go in to her bag for some reason and was struggeling with all this stuff. She didn't want to put the dry cleaning on the floor so put the hanger in her mouth (nice!).

After casually watching her for about 30 seconds I stopped reading my book, and offered to hold the hanger for her. She put her stuff down, took the hanger out of her mouth and politely declined.

"Fair enough" I said, "I was only hitting on you anyway" I followed... At that point her eyebrows raised, and she had a look of shock on her face and she carried on her business.

I was stumped, I didn't know what to say at that point to pull it back from disaster. I was hoping she would see the funny side...but I guess not all girls will.

Oh well.

Ddk