View Single Post
(#1)
Old
New User

Default Roosevelt:Day One - 30-09-2017, 08:14 PM

Had an old mate from the Manchester Lair ( was around a couple of years back?) meet up with me, just for a catch up.

Today was my first day game in two years - and even back then I only did it a handful of times.

Taking it in baby steps, my goal of today was to at least open, just say, "hi".

Me and mate went to Piccadilly Gardens. Saw a girl across the street, I went over, but the time I got there I chickened out, as she was too far ahead, and I would have had to chase her from behind to approach. Proper AA, here.

3 mins later: a girl in a cardigan walked past. "Hey you, I like your style." Girl walked past whilst smiling and continuing to talk. Fault here: my lack of confidence. She left and I was happy to let her.

2 mins later: Girl with an umbrella - had a funny pattern. "Hey, that's a funky pattern" Girl carries on past but still talking. Response something like, "Well, I need it for this weather, haha." Again, let it slide.

3 mins later: My mate pointed this girl with a large dragon coat, waiting for a tram to roll past about 5 yards away. My body wanted to stay put, but I approached. "Hi, that's a cool jacket. Where can I get one?" HB5 (Yep.) I got mine in Amsterdam. "Oh cannot I not get one here?" conversation fizzled out after that. I ejected.

Basically - Was premature-ejecting throughout this first sarge. But my goal for today was to just open, say hi, and I did more than that.

Despite this, feel underwhelmed. Tomorrow's aim is at least five approaches and get a number close.

It's all about progress.

Best,

R
The Following User Says Thank You to Roosevelt For This Useful Post:
kowalski (01-10-2017)