View Single Post
(#122)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-07-2017, 08:34 PM

I told my boss this morning that the admin wasn't working out for me. He told me then that it should be fine, he'll have a word with management and see what they say. And that I should go back on the phones as they are down by a lot (there's 7 off on long term "sick", and a bunch of others just left for new jobs). He said there was no longer a need for 2 staff working in compliance, so that I can go back on and earn myself a monthly bonus again.

This is not something that I expected, or wanted. I really don't think I could be fucked chatting with customers. Now, I am pretty good on the phone and can have the banter and all that, but I just feel like I've duped myself by volunteering to help admin, then being unable to return to my previous role.

Nonetheless, I'll not lose sleep over it. If nothing else it could be a few hundred extra dollas per month in my bank. I just didn't want to be taking what feels like a step backwards. Our Belfast office has literally no fucking opportunities for progression, the opportunities are all in Dublin but I ain't moving there.

So, I am moderately interested in following the long line of our former staff who have been dropping like flies to new jobs.

I'm having a little look around anyway to see if anything takes my fancy.

You can't win if you don't play