View Single Post
(#16)
Old
Banned

Default 26-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sync View Post
<shrug> You’re obviously entitled to your opinion

Personally, I think Unlimited Power is comparatively dated and written in a meandering, text heavy, conversational style that works well to accommodate Robbins’ irritating motivational Americanisms.

However, Joseph O’ Connor – Workbook is simple and to the point. Its format and structure is done with the visual and auditory learning styles in mind and has kino exercises throughout. This allows the learner to dip in out without losing track of “the story” inherent to the conversational style. However, “one thing that I will tell you” when “that being said” is your style appears to be auditory, so I can understand how this approach might ring true for you. Give the workbook a try and it might tell you things that previously you hadn’t heard phrased that way.

I would be surprised if Ross Jeffries was anything less than intelligent considering the position he has created for himself. However, Ross has admitted to treating his students like shit in the past and has had a redemptive experience regarding this in his own personal development through exercises that he describes have, “opened his heart,” which have a had a profound impact on the way he teaches. As I’ve previously mentioned, what really counts are your intentions for the other person. Is the intellect lead by itself or by the heart? I can covertly gift someone with a new understanding or state that can enrich their life and be the silent hero or overtly strip them of a cherished belief if it means getting what I want. Your intentions will ultimately reveal who you are.

I too am of the philosophy that forming an opinion should be based on as much relevant information as possible. Trance-formations is indeed a brilliant book and one of my favourites (I often loose my place cause I’m trancing out so damn hard) but it certainly wouldn’t harm the noob. As long it’s not total new age bullshit, I think if any harm comes to the noob it’s more about a lack of judgment than the information assimilated, and this, I believe, can only be remedied by more information and experience. My original point of centring on PUA focussed material is simply to save the aspiring PUA time if his outcome is more success with women. If his outcome is a comprehensive understanding of NLP then I’d say read it all, even the bullshit for contrast, just as long as you’re getting laid already.

You are obvioulsy still harboring resentment toward Americans for defeating your precious empire 230 years ago. This is obvious from the mood of your post. I'll have you know that neither I nor my family were responsible for that. My anscestors were enslaved in the Russian Empire at the time. So do not include me in your anti-American rhetoric.

You're right, O'Connor is the best because he's English and we all know the English are the best. Robbins book is out of touch with modern society, you're right. Thank god the basics of NLP are no longer relevant. Hey, what do you think of Bandler having replaced some of the earlier techniques with new, more effective ones? Out of date, perhaps?

I won't comment on the Ross thing. Double O already did and he has intimate knowledge, as do I, which we prefer to keep to ourselves.

I remember one time we were partying hard in Chicago and Double O had rented a car. So, I'm at McDonald's ordering food at the counter. I can see through the drive through window and he pulls up to receive his order. The entire time a woman is sucking his dick and the attendent must not have noticed cuz she's asking him about his accent, how he likes America, blah, blah, blah. The funniest was she asked him about the differences between the U.S. and U.K. and he says, "Well, you know, we drive on the other side of the road." She goes, "Really!" Like the typical, dumb American (In Sync's opinion, which he's entitled to). He responds, "Yeah, our steering wheels are even on the other side of the car. I'm not used to getting road head on the left side of the car" and then he speeds off. Nobody in the restaraunt could possibly understand why I was lying in a puddle of my own piss in the fetal position laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.