View Single Post
(#23)
Old

Default 25-02-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadswordWSJ View Post
100 hours a week? Say you do 6 days a week with 1 day off, you'd be pulling 16 hour days. Basically working the entire day then as soon as your finished food and straight to bed. I get you'd have to probably domore than the normal 9-5, but you'd barely sustain that work life for more than 2 months. Isnt oneof the major perks of having your own business to work differently? I'd rather be an employee working less hours than have no life working for myself.

I did a near 65 hour week for my client working 7-18.30 during the week & a half day on a Sunday. After around 3 months I felt like utter shit - both your personal life and work life suffers, your productivity & quality of work go completely downhill. I eventually went back to them and said Id be sticking to my 45 hour week contract. Any extra hours would be charged at double my rate. At the new client Im at I do my 9 hour day & thats it. I dont start any earlier than 07:00 & I log off bang on 17:00 and it feels so much better.
Yeah 65+ Hrs is not worth ANY kind of money
I do think his point was that when you have your own business there is ONLY you to put the time in so yeah, its a working while eating and rarely sleeping kind of life.
But the idea should be to eventually to pull out of the model completely.. and do 4 hours a week

Game doesn't just increase traffic to your bedroom,
It changes your life