Thread: after the open
View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 09-10-2016, 05:21 PM

This took me a while to get back to, I'm out in Stockholm right now and I'm kind of busy so I won't be breaking down specifics. The good news is that'd be a waste of time anyway. If you want some clever elaborate shit to spice it up, you can just look up any old PUA shit, but my point is giving you specific shit to say would just mask the real problem, and you'll still eventually run out anyway because getting a girl home takes way too long. Like I said above.

In general I got 2 main things from that example. Not contributing much, and fishing for her to do it for you.

Like Kowalski said, you're really not doing much other than asking questions, and even when you make a positive statement you aren't really expressing what you think in an honest, unfiltered sort of way. Short bland stuff like 'I love 80's music'. I comes across as self conscious in it's inexpressiveness and really doesn't give the girl anything to latch onto. Is that really what you've got to say, entirely and honestly? Like, if you were talking to your best mate and he was like, ah yeah I fancy heading to xbar, is that how you'd be? Or are you just stifling your shit when you talk to girls?

In terms of the specifics of the conversation you posted, Kowalski just pretty much covered everything I'd want to say, aside from one thing (and this is just a general pet peeve of mine, loads of other people are guilty of doing this and it's dumb as fuck). But why are you excusing yourself for going up to this girl? You're in a bar and she knows the deal. Having to do that implies a lack of comfort doing it, like you aren't used to talking to people and comfortable with just doing it cos you fucking want to. If you’re a cool guy and you know that shit it’s not even necessary. It's always this fashion shit as well, dudes stopping chicks to talk to them about their ugg boots and shit. That's not don juan, that's gok wan.

Ultimately, even though you arent trying to go routines or game shit it still feels try hard because you're really obviously stifling yourself and fishing super hard with shit like guessing they're a model and stuff like that. The real truth of this shit is any old shit will do as far as content goes. If your mindset is right, it'll come across implicitly in what you say. If it's stifled and unconfident, it will come across stifled and unconfident like what you typed does.

I'm trying really hard to not give you anything you can use. If just typing out what I'd say would help, I'd do that, but it won't. It'll just leave you dancing around the actual problem for too long. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's what'll work. So here's what you do:

Your new opener is 'Hey, what's up? How's your night going?' Or some variation of that. No bullshit, and no apologising for yourself. When you ask a girl a question, don't just leave it hanging after she answers. Contribute what you think. Focus on free associating and expressing an honest opinion, even if it's 'ah I can't fucking stand Xbar' or 'admin, you poor bastard, sounds well boring'. Your criterion for success is how unstifled and honest you're being, fuck the reaction you get for the time being. That'll feel like pulling teeth at first, but the more and more often you do it the easier it'll get. Try that, and note the difference in how your reactions feel after a while.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stein For This Useful Post:
BroadswordWSJ (10-10-2016), kowalski (09-10-2016)