View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 25-02-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
I am certain you'll be glad you did.

Sync, I really like O'Connor's book, but Double O doesn't, and I understand why. That being said, I don't think it's the right book for a complete beginner. I think Unlimited Power is better for someone with no knowledge whatsoever of NLP.

There are a lot of things people on here don't know about Ross Jeffries. One thing I will tell you is, he is a very intelligent, very well-learned man. He learned NLP from Kenrick Cleveland, who you may or may not know, is all about covert persuasion and makes no excuses for it much like I make no excuses for myself as a man.

I am of the philosophy of reading anything you can get your hands on and allow your abilities to analyze to decide what benefits you and what doesn't. That being said, I am very cautious what I recommend to noobs because some things, although very good, can do more harm than good to a noob who is still lacking a foundation in the principles. The original Trance-formations is an example. A brilliant book for someone with a background in hypnosis. It does absolutely nothing for a noob PUA, however.
<shrug> You’re obviously entitled to your opinion

Personally, I think Unlimited Power is comparatively dated and written in a meandering, text heavy, conversational style that works well to accommodate Robbins’ irritating motivational Americanisms.

However, Joseph O’ Connor – Workbook is simple and to the point. Its format and structure is done with the visual and auditory learning styles in mind and has kino exercises throughout. This allows the learner to dip in out without losing track of “the story” inherent to the conversational style. However, “one thing that I will tell you” when “that being said” is your style appears to be auditory, so I can understand how this approach might ring true for you. Give the workbook a try and it might tell you things that previously you hadn’t heard phrased that way.

I would be surprised if Ross Jeffries was anything less than intelligent considering the position he has created for himself. However, Ross has admitted to treating his students like shit in the past and has had a redemptive experience regarding this in his own personal development through exercises that he describes have, “opened his heart,” which have a had a profound impact on the way he teaches. As I’ve previously mentioned, what really counts are your intentions for the other person. Is the intellect lead by itself or by the heart? I can covertly gift someone with a new understanding or state that can enrich their life and be the silent hero or overtly strip them of a cherished belief if it means getting what I want. Your intentions will ultimately reveal who you are.

I too am of the philosophy that forming an opinion should be based on as much relevant information as possible. Trance-formations is indeed a brilliant book and one of my favourites (I often loose my place cause I’m trancing out so damn hard) but it certainly wouldn’t harm the noob. As long it’s not total new age bullshit, I think if any harm comes to the noob it’s more about a lack of judgment than the information assimilated, and this, I believe, can only be remedied by more information and experience. My original point of centring on PUA focussed material is simply to save the aspiring PUA time if his outcome is more success with women. If his outcome is a comprehensive understanding of NLP then I’d say read it all, even the bullshit for contrast, just as long as you’re getting laid already.