string(1) "0" Trolls - PUA Forums - The UK's Leading Pick-up Artist Forum
 
(#1)
Old
PostScript's Avatar
MASTER PUA
 
Default Trolls - 17-02-2015, 08:24 AM

I was wondering how we could mitigate the trolls.

They seem to like the attention and pretending they are being constructive just to suck people in, so would it be possible to have an option for individual users to be able to go to a given troll's public profile page and block them?

So I could go to Redemption's profile say, and block him from either from thanking anything I say, or perhaps even block out all his posts from my view altogether as well.

It's just a casual question from somebody who knows fuck all about tech, so don't be up all night working on the site on my account!


"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote

Don't like ads? Register a free account to make them go away forever.

(#2)
Old
Jaz's Avatar
Jaz Jaz is offline
Administrator
 
Default 17-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Oh I've been lazy recently, I'll sort it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
tat tat is offline
Banned
 
Default 19-02-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostScript View Post
I was wondering how we could mitigate the trolls.

They seem to like the attention and pretending they are being constructive just to suck people in, so would it be possible to have an option for individual users to be able to go to a given troll's public profile page and block them?

So I could go to Redemption's profile say, and block him from either from thanking anything I say, or perhaps even block out all his posts from my view altogether as well.

It's just a casual question from somebody who knows fuck all about tech, so don't be up all night working on the site on my account!
I think such a block/bypass would be a good thing if you found a poster's comments offensive or distasteful or unmeasured or inappropriate to an unpleasant and upsetting degree.

I think this is good because it allows the individual to set their own level. Trollism seems to be such a wide bracket and is often, in my view mis-identified. Perhaps someone is just mis-undestood by someone, or perhaps someone just doesn't like someone.

I think that to go on someone else's thread and be inappropriate or rude is wrong because that person whos thread it is has to read the post. But if there is a thread by someone who is felt by someone to be a troll, then they can clearly see that the thread is theirs and so can simply not read it.

I myself like to sometimes muck about with silly banter or some hyperbolly, but all well-intentioned, but I always make a point to only do this on my own threads so that posters have the choice of whether to participate, so they can simply ignore me.

But then there is the question of such fun/banter/male teasing and taunting is negative to the whole site and community, rather than just individuals. BVut in this case there is an official moderator to oversee this, and take care of this, and whilst we can sometimes not see their reasoning, we should trust it and maybe in time come to realize why, as we grow and change by new things and ways and challenges which we at first do not understand. Surely this is better than a closed and narrow world. Certainly I have been called a troll by Dale, which I refute because what I post is never nasty or ill-intented or designed to spoil. Yet sometimes people just simply do not like you and so they wish to 'get rid of you'. But this is how the world is, and how the cyber world is. Anyone different is a threat. Any individuality or non-conformity has to be got rid of.

Just out of interest, postscript, just for myself, would you say that I am being a troll with this post. I don't think I am, but maybe I am and don't know it. Please could you give me a check on this, because I do wonder as i try to check myself.

All the best, etc..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tat For This Useful Post:
Bunch of Twigs (25-03-2015)
(#4)
Old
daleinthedark's Avatar
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion
 
Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 19-02-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat View Post
Certainly I have been called a troll by Dale
Which you seem to cling to despite being called far stranger things by others, maybe you have a thing for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat View Post
I refute because what I post is never nasty or ill-intented or designed to spoil. Yet sometimes people just simply do not like you and so they wish to 'get rid of you'. But this is how the world is, and how the cyber world is. Anyone different is a threat. Any individuality or non-conformity has to be got rid of.
I am not trying to get rid of any non-conformity, in fact it is in part due to the different advice and perspectives shared on this forum that has helped shaped me into who I am today.

The reason that I dislike your posts is because they don't add value to the forum, in fact I would say that your comments reduce the legitimacy of the solid advice that many of the users on here offer.

You sit behind your keyboard claiming your out-of-the-box thinking, that you have a better way of approaching the world that gives you a better quality yet in other threads where I have dissected your paper-thin arguments you put on your blinkers. You offer no proof of success; stories or anecdotes yet criticize people like Stein, Phil and Kowalski who have recorded their journey, successes and failures for all to see and judge whether the foundation of their advice is sound.

Furthermore I demonstrated that by generally accepted definition you are a troll however you decided personally that you did not wish to use the word "troll" like the rest of us. You have therefore have taken offence where it was not given due to your problem with that word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat View Post
would you say that I am being a troll with this post.
I would not say that you are being a troll with this post however your prose is less than concise

You think that you're this enlightened out of the box thinker when really you're the same monkey as the rest of us on a dying planet hurtling through space. You've created your own box for you and the rest of us...


Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone

Last edited by daleinthedark; 19-02-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
MASTER PUA
Starcastle Champion
 
Default 20-02-2015, 09:15 PM

Stop being a troll Dale


* Insert Funny Tag Line *
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil For This Useful Post:
BroadswordWSJ (20-02-2015), daleinthedark (20-02-2015)
(#6)
Old
daleinthedark's Avatar
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion
 
Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 23-02-2015, 12:21 AM

I'm gonna get me some billy-goats...


Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
tat tat is offline
Banned
 
Default 23-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Dale, you sit crouched behind your settee in your underpants, tip-tap-tocking on your keyboard. Goodnes gracious!

But thanks for your post. I do like you, and I mean that. There is no nastiness, i assure you. Maybe we will all met up one summer somewhere we arrange on a campsite, and have a good ol' time. What do you think; a PUA weekend?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
SmileyK's Avatar
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion
 
Default 24-03-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat View Post
Dale, you sit crouched behind your settee in your underpants, tip-tap-tocking on your keyboard. Goodnes gracious!

But thanks for your post. I do like you, and I mean that. There is no nastiness, i assure you. Maybe we will all met up one summer somewhere we arrange on a campsite, and have a good ol' time. What do you think; a PUA weekend?
I LOLed at this. Dale, is there something you're not telling us?


'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Pick-Up Artist Forum UK
Copyright © 2019

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2010, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.