View Single Post
(#10)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 07-05-2015, 06:30 PM

Minor setback, or more of a downer, on the gym situation..

To cut a long story short, the guy phoned me & said he could only give me a months free membership. He tried telling me that I must have been mistaken - however I am not retarded, & I know what I signed for & was told. I obviously argued this point but eventually conceded as I just thought it wasn't worth lowering myself.

But anyways, I hit the gym for the first time today & plan to go as many mornings as I can for the next month.

I'm going to do the thing Phil said to me a couple of years ago - fast pace walk on a steep incline followed by lots of sprints.

So, I did 15 minutes on the steepest incline at 4.5mph. Then after a 5 minute breather I did 10 sprints at 10mph. I just set the treadmill at 10mph then jump on for one minute jump off for a minute.

This is obviously aimed at losing 2 stone fast. I'm 13st, & my goal is 11st. Let's see how fast I can get there. I absolutely have zero doubt I'll reach the goal inside the month, possibly long beforehand.

I'm not clued up on weightlifting. I don't want to be Rocky or Arnie but I'd like to tone up. Any simple plans for weights? Start small? Do a thousand reps? I dunno.

I'll see how I feel after the month about sticking with the gym. I think it's gunna be a killer to go from winning a years membership, to paying for it. So I may just go to PureGym after.

You can't win if you don't play