View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-06-2014, 01:04 AM

I did a free level 2 business enterprise course 5 years ago & got a phonecall informing me I was being awarded level 3 as I'd exceeded expectations.

I thought "hmmm, looks like I'm fucking good at this" & proceeded in finding & developing a business idea.

I did allllll the relevant research on the product, competition, advertising, costs, all that shit. And worked out a marketing plan. I did everything by the book & following what I'd learned, but...

Then I got hooked on mephedrone after it was made illegal (we'd been selling it over the counter beforehand in a head shop) & sold it purely to fund my own habit. The purpose was to make money of course, but it didn't work that way. Each week I'd make £300/400 for the boss, & use £300/400 of meph myself. I just got high as fuck for 5 days a week, sleep a day or 2, have something to eat, receive a delivery, & repeat the process, for about 6 months.

Then I gave up drugs & had this moment of realization that I was meant to be working as a drug counsellor, & the rest is history.

So, I did have a plan to go into business, but my plans took a detour into the wrong kind of business.

Before that I was excited as fuck about my new venture, working out my costs & I saw potential for ridiculously enormous profits, so big I couldn't believe.

However, when I reviewed the work I'd done a year before, during which time I'd completed a diploma in financial management (whilst off my head I should add. Also, mephedrone made me smarter no joke ) I realized I'd been all about business costs, & had neglected to even consider the legalities - tax, national insurance, corporation tax, etc etc. So I'm not sure it would have been successful after all.

What's the "steps" you have taken?

My advice is to take a course in business. There are a lot of free ones floating around. If there's a local enterprise centre or organization they run these programmes, free.

It will give you a basis from which to work from, as well as having ongoing support after you've set up, should you get that far. They can even fund it for you.

You can't win if you don't play
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan300 For This Useful Post:
Jay101 (27-06-2014), Riff (11-03-2017)