View Single Post
(#2)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 22-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Interesting post.

Just cause Mystery says something doesn't make it gospel. While he may have highlighted the general common dominators involved in the structure of Game I do think that it’s also a very personal thing and creating your own identity and style that works for you is paramount. Personally, I think Mystery can be a proper cock at times and imagine his argument stems from his incessant need to crow bar in ultra high value, which can look precarious and forced.

There’s some interesting stuff by AFC Adam on youtube where he starts a direct approach with an apology for interrupting. He highlights that this may appear to be counter intuitive according to, what is now, traditional pick up, but explains it’s just the most natural thing to do for the situation and that, by following it with good DHV material, it makes the whole thing much more organic.

I agree completely here and think this highlights how “classic pick up” was forged out of a frame of scarcity and that once you’ve discovered what works there’s always the understandable desire to want to bludgeon them to death with it. I like Maslows quote where he says, “When all you have is a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.”

I like your idea of coming up with your own stuff around cameras and field testing it. If it gives you a chance to open the set and DHV while conveying your own personal vibe then you’ve definitely taken the game in to your own hands and created something new.

Last edited by Sync; 22-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.