View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default "Say Cheese!" . . . . Facebook demands it . . . . . . - 22-02-2009, 07:01 PM

Right,

This is my first proper thread on here. Im a total AFC'er so apologies for drudging up anything that has probably been discussed to death before.

Anyway, like any new disciple that has marched enthusiastically into this realm, I have been on a PUA torrent download frenzy and have been hungrily reading and watching as much material as I can get my grubby hands on. I have "obtained" Mysteries "Mystery method" (which includes the 4 films, and the venusian handbook etc.) I have also downloaded and "The game" etc. and Hypnotica's stuff and found them all to be fascinating. However, I get the feeling that alot of this stuff was filmed/written in 2005. I know that its only 4yrs max since this stuff came out and alot of the theory is still verbatim . . . . . .Although, after watching Volume 2 of the mystery method (transition to A3 and IOI etc.) I think the material fails to incorporate a recent social phenomenon that has erupted in the past 2.5 yrs . . . . .

. . . . . Facebook. I have just turned thirty, and I'm no stranger to nightclubs, bars etc. (thats what makes all this PUA stuff so intriguing - after piecing together experiences I have witnessed, 3rd-party and first-hand -it just makes so much sense). I have noticed a significant change in the past few years. Gone is the funky haze of cigarette smoke in nightclubs and bars, instead it has been replaced by the constant flashes of digicams bought for xmas and mobile phones, as people race around to catalogue their "spontaneous" and fun nights out.

I know this is a long-winded way of getting to the point, but do you think Mysterys current line about refusing to take pictures because it lowers your value still hold true, seeing as how ubiqitous picture taking has become as opposed to how it was three years ago? I have got a bit of a hectic social whirl lined up next month so I want to get this aspect nailed (amongst other things - dont worry I'm not that naive lol). Basically I did alot of clubbing but had a two year break and only recently started getting into the clubbing scene again.

Encountered all this PUA stuff about a year and half ago, but knew I wasn't in the right place to use it (yep, broken heart, oneitis etc.) so I spent that time getting myself sorted before I began to use this stuff. I honestly believe this stuff is dangerous If used for the wrong reasons - for me its a bit of fun and to enhance certain aspects (not just seduction) of my life. If people, like one friend I know, use this to solve their problems . . then they are in trouble.

Anyway, since my cliched AFC abscence from clubbing, bar-hopping etc. The only dynamic that seems to have changed for me (apart from the target rich clusters of women hanging outside having a ciggy), is the almost frenzied activity people (particular groups of young women) engage in running around taking pics.

This worry has actually inspired me to come up with some material (dont worry it doesnt involve me holding a camera) which Im gonna field test and report back to you guys and relay if it is successful. My plea to all you guys who go sarging all week etc. is how have you coped with this intrusion of the camera into our traditional attraction zones?

Again, sorry for the long post.

"And yet, having therapy is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.
You... get on the couch, string 'em along with some half-lies and evasions,
probe some deep dark holes, and then hand over all your money." - Swiss Tony.