View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-04-2013, 11:01 AM

She certainly divided opinion both in life and death. Her funeral had been planned as a state occassion for some years prior, she actually requested it be played down so it's not going to be quite as extravagant as initially envisaged. It's unfortunate that during tough economic times the funeral will cost in the region of £5million but this is not money spent on lavishing the occasion but more on the neccessity of policing the event which comes at a great cost. A balance needs to be struck whereby people can protest if they so wish, mourners need to be free to express their condolences safely and the general public of London who wish to go about their business as normal should be free to do so. In order to do this a huge police presence is needed.

Just to make it clear, I am certainly no Tory or Daily Mail reader.

With regard to song 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead' from the Wizard of Oz rising high in the charts only for the BBC to compromise it's broadcast, surely Morriseys 'Margaret of the guillotine' would have been a more appropriate song, it makes direct reference to the death of Thatcher.

It was fear of myself that made me odd
The Following User Says Thank You to Hustler25 For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (13-04-2013)