View Single Post
(#1)
Old
New User

Question What do you do in this situation!? (approach girl working in clothes shop) - 05-08-2021, 09:17 AM

Around my local towns, there aren't many viable street approach opportunities.

However, there are a ton of retail clothes shops with fit shop assistants.

However, this presents a number of problems

If you do one approach in that store, generally the store will then be off limits, especially if the approach results in a "failed interaction" and you can't approach one of the other members of the team. It also feels very unnatural to just go straight up to someone who is working and and blatantly try to chat them up. I often lurk around and try to pretend to look at clothes and edge closer and closer to them but this is tricky and there is a school of thought which says "don't apologise for showing intent, just go straight up to her and tell her you find her attractive, bro".

The PATs (Potential Approach Targets) are often engaged in folding clothes and communicating via headsets with other members of the team who are also audience to any potential flirting and possible blocking manoeuvres.

There is often a security team present, which means any awkward/creepy failed interaction scenario is likely to result in being reported to the security team and circulated around the shopping centre and make any further approaching non viable.

The PATs can also be PUGs (Potentially Underaged Girls), by underaged, I mean under 18, so 16 and 17 so above the age of consent but not yet a full adult thus "on the same level". And while it isn't illegal to talk to anyone even if they are under aged, it makes it more contentious even if they are technically above the age of consent but only just, the interaction is rarely likely to be positive.

So often with store approaches I am very indirect and general chit chat, which means I never make it "man to woman" and asking if I can get their number often feels like "dropping a bomb" in the middle of the interaction, especially if they turn out to be 16 or 17, which by the time they say that you are done for!

Any tips on how to approach a girl in a shop where there is a high chance she might be 16 or 17 (but hoping she is late teens or early 20s) and make the interaction "man to woman" without causing a huge disaster, alerting the whole store team and getting security called on you're ass!?