View Single Post
(#9)
Old
MASTER PUA

Send a message via Skype™ to kowalski
Default 21-06-2021, 06:38 PM

The 1984 movie is pretty bad.

I’ve been watching a lot of Spanish stuff in recent years what with living here and all that. Here’s a couple that I would consider to be worth reading subtitles for:

1. La Isla Mínima (The minimal island) - If you aren’t hooked from the haunting beauty of the very first shot of the intro, you might actually be blind and deaf. Seek medical assistance! The film follows two cops investigating a murder in a remote rural area. It is very well done in every aspect.

2. Intemperie (Intemperate) - In feudal times a young son of a servant family escapes mistreatment at the hands of the master who pursues him relentlessly through Andalusian mountains in the dead of summer, when nature is without charm. In my opinion they muck up the ending, and I wonder did the book end differently, but that can’t really take much away from the overall brilliance of it.

Those aren’t the English movie names in parentheses, rather they are translations of the Spanish names. They may have renamed them for foreign markets.

Peace,

kowalski

Like a stray bullet, you niggas misled

Last edited by kowalski; 21-06-2021 at 08:17 PM.