View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 02-12-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
A lot of people talk about Mark Manson's book "Models" for a starter. Read that last year and it's pretty solid.

Honestly, this is something no one wants to hear but the less information you bog yourself down with at the start the better. Without a decent amount of reference experience, you'll have no way of distinguishing good advice from bad, or even interpreting good advice in the proper context. Figure out the minimum you need to start going out a lot, go out a lot, and look for answers to specific things as and when you get stuck
Yeah you're the 2nd person to recommend me "Models" so it's on my list. However I've also been recommended the Mystery Method, and I gather that the books almost completely contradict each other, so this' gonna be hilarious.

I agree with your other point to an extent. Someone I used to wing with spent roughly £1000 on Gabriel Grey's "Surgical Method" programme, which is an enormous font of theory but with basically no coaching at all (other than the odd Skype call).
Has he got better results since starting the programme? Nope, because he evidently is implementing it wrong and needs in-person help from an experienced individual to use the techniques correctly.

Professional bum. I post here as I have too much time on my hands :P