View Single Post
(#1)
Old
New User

Default Is it silly to feel completely outclassed by another guy like this? - 09-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Last year I was visiting a night club, and one very cute girl caught my eye there, so I decided to walk up to her and flirt with her a bit.
She seemed a bit hard to get, but I felt that I started to make quite good progress after maybe 10-15 minutes or so.
However, at that point another guy appeared, and one thing that made him stand out a lot was his height - he was probably almost 7'0 tall, and he also had a very muscular and proportional build (and a really handsome face as well).
This was a very significant difference to myself, since I am 6'0 tall and have an average and pretty slim body type, so it was quite intimidating to have someone like him in my presence.
Either way, the fact that he was very tall - and had a powerful build - made him get a lot of accidental attention, and people wanted to take photos with him and talk to him.
And I also noticed that the girl that I was flirting with started to glance at him, and then suddenly her eyes opened wide and she seemed to whisper "WOW...!" to herself, and literally eyed him up and down and started moistening her lips and fluttering her eyes at him, and then she said that she was just going to ask someone something - and walked straight up to him, and started flirting and trying to act cute for him.
That was a very strange experience - in the beginning she was the hard-to-get type of girl who I needed to work with for a while, and as soon as she noticed that guy she herself started acting like that in front of him, and he hadn't even done any work whatsoever with her.
He had like 3-4 girls around him - including the girl that I had been trying to get - and all of them always tried to find excuses to have physical contact with him, like asking to feel his arm muscles, or asking him to try lifting them.
Last thing I saw of that situation was when he grabbed the girl I had been flirting with right under her arms and lifted her up, and she made a delighted squeak and seemed really really into him.
And when I made a small attempt to get the girl's attention, she just shooed me off with her hand and ignored me, and started flirting hard with this other guy.

At this point, I had honestly given up.
I felt totally invisible, and I felt that this guy was miles ahead of me.
I usually never feel threatened by other guys, but this guy was something else - I didn't just feel threatened by him, I felt completely outclassed by him.
I just knew that I didn't stand a chance there anymore, so I left.

Maybe there are times when it is better to accept defeat like this?
Or what are your opinions about all this?