Thread: W.i.p
View Single Post
(#24)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 20-03-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
It's difficult to predict exactly what the good things will be.

We can say with certainty that things will be learned. Those learnings will mean future decisions related to the things learned will be made from a position of increased understanding. This means better decisions. Unless it completely decimates the human population, the ongoing benefits of those learnings and subsequent learnings built upon them will inevitably outweigh the temporary bad stuff.

My picks for huge changes are higher education and office based businesses. That is dependent on this thing running on a lot longer, which it seems like it will... although we don't have enough stats to know yet how effective the nationwide quarantine is being. Aside from that, a bunch of people are gonna spend more time being creative over the next few weeks.

And, no... No girls. No humans. No pet. Not even a plant. I saw a bird out the window one time, that's my closest encounter with another lifeform since Saturday.

Peace,

kowalski
Can't argue with the learning part, thats kinda overall positive. Sorry to hear about your lack of plants, I love a good plant. Also sounds like you don't know anyone close to dying from it, thats good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan300 View Post
The UK ain't on lock-down. Boris the bullshitter and his associates are digging their heels. Schools are officially out, but not a fully declared, official, nationwide lock-down like most of the rest of Europe.

Where I am, it seems a bit of a mess because three quarters of the entire island of Ireland is on lock-down, but not Northern Ireland. It just sounds so fucking silly when the north and south are on the same land mass.

I had an anxiety attack last night after watching a short but intense 4 minute video of some Welsh girl doing voice-over on various dramatised projected clips of where this is all going. There were maybe 10 to 12 "steps" being laid out by her, from soon-to-be food shortages and civil disobedience, progressively leading all the way up to full-on totalitarian control and enslavement. Once she gets to step 3 or 4 her voice starts breaking and pretty soon she's doing her voice-over through tears and utter terror in her voice.

I should know better than to allow something like this affect me too much, and I'm well aware that the way the video is presented coupled with the increasing dread in her voice, leads the viewer down that path of fear. This is exactly what happened to me, and I couldn't help it.

My personal perspective was being guided by the fact that I've spent 6 months keenly interested in and engrossed in totalitarianism and the associated atrocities of the 20th century, and this was the primary contributory factor in the intensity of the fear I felt last night. If I hadn't studied that stuff, there wouldn't have been so many terrifying thoughts and possibilities running through my mind.

I'm back to earth again today though and although there could still be a major cause for concern, and shit we aren't being told, I'm not going to allow fear to overcome me again. I'll just fucking roll with it, throwing punches, whatever happens.

One thing I'm doing though, for my peace, is minimising social media and similar outlets that are currently filled with nothing but poisonous mind-fuckery.
There's an insane amount of mis-informtion out there, so you're doing well by lowering social media, I saw a post saying france went to full on riots (bullshit) and started getting my bow and arrows more easily accessible.