View Single Post
(#5)
Old
New User

Default 17-01-2020, 05:36 AM

Tonight was an interesting night. Trying my best to stay alcohol free. Went to my friends comedy show and then to a bar that serves food. They sat and ate. I chatted an hb6 from their social circle at the bar as I sipped a soda and lime.
Just normal conversation about work and hobbies. She was attracted I could see but I was not. After a pleasant interaction I gave her my card for work stuff and I left to the karaoke bar.

At the karaoke bar:

I spot a two set with two hb7s
DC: its almost time to get started are you gals signed up

they both light up and seem excited for the conversation.

HB7s: no but are you? are you going to sing? what will you sing?

we talk and they are excited to see me perform. later as i do my song they are in the corner cheering like it was damn beatles concert. that was nice for fun purposes. I wasnt interested in these girls particularly.

I open a two set of hb6 and hb7.5
Im about to go on stage

I approach and put my arms around both of them from behind in huddle type formation.
DC: Ok girls you have been holding down this corner all night I'm going to need you to hold it down for one more song
girls: OK!

Im noticing my state is sht and I feel it is a direct reflection of my alcohol withdrawal and being in this bar. But I force myself to push through.

As I finish my song an hb8.5blonde who was at the front of the stage shouts something as everyone is cheering. I think it was "take my number!" but I couldnt quite hear.
A few minutes later I go to investigate. She and this one guy have been all over each other all night. It looks like a couple but also looks too in the moment to be a real couple or rather a long term couple. Anyhow I go open it

DC: (I come up between the midddle and huddle them both in the guy on my right and the girl on my left) You guys have been supporting people all night ...
hb8.5: you were awesome!
afc: you killed it!
DC: thanks but no you guys have been repping everyone

at this point they both are facing me looking to me to lead the convo somewhere. I didnt. I ejected. Sounds funny as I write this now.

Still battling my state I call it an evening

lessons learned:

1. Im committed to this journey of alcohol free game reboot. It has not been easy. But I was happy today to be healthy and rested and not hungover.
2. I caught myself in some negative self talk patterns like
a. my hair doesnt look great tonight
b. are these clothes fitting perfect
Its all straight bullsht I know and I am considering ways to combat that.
Of course action overcomes all of that. That may be the solution
3. The set with the hb8.5 I should take it somewhere just cut that thread and go with another one. There was sufficient attraction from the girl to continue and I could have gauged what the real deal with the dude was/is
4. the hb7s to start the night were a good warm up set and turned out to bring cheering value later in the night.
5. I found myself prejudging girls as not cute enough and not engaging. Moving forward I'll remember "its always better to be in set than not"

I'll call tonight a win because I went to the comedy club and the bar, and the high energy bar and did not drink. Dam I sound like a mfkn AA confession. Maybe my dependency was stronger than I realized. Anyhow if I can get out the door, make an effort to open some sets (albiet there is room to do a lot more), and post a FR then that is a WIN in my book at this stage of the game.
Tomorrow night I will do the same.