View Single Post
(#2)
Old
New User

Default 16-01-2020, 05:14 AM

Tonight I turned a corner. Albeit a small one.

Since getting back to game I have noticed I have become reliant on alcohol when gaming at night. I like the night scene and all its entertainment but being hungover the next day is becoming more and more unacceptable to me. Plus I am realizing my game needs work and I am not improving as fast or noticing areas I can improve upon readily when I am buzzed or more. I have made a quality decision to not drink when I'm out so I can properly fix my game.

This has been an intimidating decision. Shouldnt be. I have done this before just need to man up.

Tonight I manned up. No alcohol.

Karaoke Bar:
My favorite dive bar. I get a soda water from the bar. I spot a lone hb7.5brunette

Delusionalconfidence: Are you going to sing us a song?
hb7.5brunette: I'm not a singer or at least the songs on this list. I can sing just not these songs
DC: yeah it took me a while to find something I like
hb7.5: what song are you doing
DC: dock of the bay otis redding
hb7.5: alright

at this point it get loud as the next singer went up. this is a very loud bar with their karaoke. I sat down at the bar. my set wandered off.

I notice this hb7.5 with a see thru top on dancing all up and down the dance floor. she is with a couple by the bar not dancing. she is trying to encourage them they refuse. She walks by and I catch wind of some major body odor. turn off but other than that she was cute. she was a little drunk and probably been sweating through her stuff all night. she sang a song and got off stage.

DC: (i poke her as she saddles up to the bar next to me) hey you killed that by the way
hb7.5seethru: thank you

she rolls off back to her friends never actually having gotten anything from the bar

i get up to sing my song. she comes by the stage and dances and watches for a bit and then gives me some rock and roll hands and disappears upstairs.

I call an uber. On the way out I see her outside smoking with some other people smoking.

DC: that wasnt bad in there
hb7.5: you also, you hey awesome were

afc1: nice english!

hb7.5: my english is I hate english I prefer french
DC: vous parle francais?
hb7.5: (excited) oui! ( bla bla french babble)

we converse in french a little bit the little bit I know

she returns to talking to the smoking group. I get in my uber.

Lessons from the night:
1. I made it out the door and opened two legit sets with Zero alcohol. Im super pumped about that!
2. The hb7.5brunette I could have done "guess" when she asked me what song I was doing. Or I could have asked her a question back. Or I could have launched into a story. Giving just a straight up answer like that to an hb I just met did not build attraction and more likely lessened any attraction there.
3. The hb7.5seethru I could have gamed a lot more after she smiled at my situational opener. Next time just stack off and go into some material. Instead I stayed quiet.
4. Outside after reengaging hb7.5seethru I could have just gone into some material. I felt the eyes of her smoker group stifle me a little bit at that point.
5. My recollection of this night as I write this is super sharp because of my alcohol free mind clarity. I am glad to see I have not loss this recall ability after the years of alcohol abuse. Thank you brain!